ECTcamera (EyeComTec Camera) is a video capture program to work with a webcam or an external device connected to the computer. It allows you to scale the displayed image, save partial or full screen screenshots or videos. Supports "hot keys", saving all the settings in the configuration files, switching quickly between them and can be launched from the command line. Doesn’t require installation.
ECTcamera (EyeComTec Camera) is a convenient software solution created to work with any web camera or any other video-capturing device connected to a PC or a laptop. ECTcamera has a really convenient and simple user interface and allows the user to scale the visible image area, save screenshots of the whole screen or its parts, and supports a wide range of devices, providing automatic identification of connected hardware. It supports various working resolutions of web cameras and many other settings.
The program is portable, light, and doesn’t require installation or registry modification, allowing the user to launch it from any external data storage device. It also allows working with so-called “hotkeys.” ECTcamera is a fully customizable application, thus the user can zoom the image in or out, change the shift step, as well as the size and position of the main window of the program and the compression ratio of saved screenshots. The flexibility of ECTcamera makes it possible to use any third-party video stream processing solution.
ECTcamera supports working with the command prompt and additional parameters, making it possible to use various scheduling and time-management programs to launch applications according to a schedule. Due to this fact, the program can reduce RAM usage, which permits using ECTcamera even on budget laptops. Furthermore, the application supports an unlimited amount of configuration files, switching between various ECTcamera settings really quickly, which can be handy for working with various video-capturing devices or for operation on different computers.
This program is really easy to use, and provides fast configuration and intuitive controls. Initial configuration of ECTcamera takes less than a minute, while switching between various configuration files (which contain different video output parameters, windows layout, shift step, etc.) in a couple of seconds.
Main advantages of ECTcamera
In comparison with other similar applications, ECTcamera provides several important advantages:
- Easy-to-use application with a full range of tools and functions. This program doesn’t have excessive parameters, while giving all necessary tools to the user: work with a video stream, convenient screenshots capturing process, and the possibility to import or export settings.
- Simple user interface. ECTcamera doesn’t contain animated pictograms or confusing images, which can make working with a camera more difficult. The user interface is as simple as possible. The program supports and efficiently detects a wide range of video-capturing devices and has the ability to disable redundant camera modes.
- Fast operation. All necessary functions and operations can be reached through hotkeys. New users can totally configure it in less than a minute.
- Portability. This program doesn’t require installation on a computer, registry, or file system changes. It also doesn’t need additional libraries or long framework installation. It can be launched from any external data storage portable device.
- Small size and low technical requirements. The program takes up less than 3Mb on the hard drive. It also requires less than 5Mb of RAM when used without video output. These results are due to a “clean” interface and high-quality program code.
- Scaling of the image. An essential function for low-resolution camera owners or for situations when it’s necessary to select an area on the captured image.
- Command prompt launch support. ECTcamera won’t use RAM continuously. It can be used in conjunction with any type of planning applications or third-party software, as well as associated with a key combination or an event.
- Support of the unlimited amount of configuration files. Switching between configuration files is smooth and easy. Each file contains all necessary settings of the program (i.e., from the type of camera to the working resolution and window size). Furthermore, separate configuration files provide fast switching between different devices or when several cameras are used.
- Support of simultaneous working of several copies of the program. This feature allows users to work with several video-capturing devices at the same time, as well as to create surveillance or data processing centers.
This fusion of simplicity and functionality makes ECTcamera a really convenient and useful program that can be applied in various sectors.